Post Conference Workshops: Wednesday, 29th May 2019
11:00 am - 1:00 pm How to Establish and Embed Human Centred Design Across the Organisation to Reduce Siloes and Improve Customer OfferingsSusan Parkes - Group Manager Customer Central, Auckland Transport
Companies in every industry are trying to find new sources of value through innovating their customer product and experience. Often these efforts have not translated into enough market impact and growth. What is needed is something bolder and more disruptive, but still very simple. Human Centered Design (HCD) represents a new way of life for business. It provides many of the attributes of a startup: creativity, speed, bias for action, flexibility with risk, and radical collaboration. To achieve these results from HCD though, it is necessary to break down long-established internal barriers to put HCD at the heart of the business. This workshop will provide a guide for embedding HCD into the organization to achieve business goals.
What you will learn:
- Establishing a HCD Centre of Excellence to provide multi- program design governance
- Utilising the Centre of Excellence as a cost savings measure by managing shared design assets and research findings
- Bringing the entire organization along for the HCD journey by building a product ownership committee which sit across the organization
- Developing a cultural change program which unites the end to end customer journey with HCD in business goals
Susan ParkesGroup Manager Customer Central
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Developing and Scaling and a Change Strategy to Generate Long-Term Performance Improvement and Enhance Customer ExperienceStephen Dargan - General Manager Sustainable Change, Bankwest
Creating change is not easy but creating complex change at scale is harder. A successful customer transformation hinges on the delivery substantial and sustainable performance improvements. This workshop will focus on helping you develop a strategy to manage the implementation of different change projects while sustaining the organization’s energy levels in the process.
What the workshop will cover:
- How can you embrace the willingness to leveraging agile frameworks, technological tools and design thinking approaches?
- End- to- End technology transformations: What does this mean for you?
- Design Thinking framework to drive cultural change: How can you apply it?
- How to create a common framework goal to increase buy-in
- Unleashing effective communication and leadership to align corporate vision with values
Stephen DarganGeneral Manager Sustainable Change